Wednesday, September 30, 2009

Back in the hospital!

Since my Dad came home on Friday he has had to go back to the hospital every day for a IV treatment because his #s were not coming down yet. The Dr ordered a kidney biopsy for today because by the 6th day the #s should have dropped quite a bit to where my Dad shouldn't need the IV anymore but this has not been the case since we are on day 8. After a long day at LDS Hospital getting the new kidney biopsied my mom and dad headed over to IMC for the IV treatment when they got there the Drs wanted to talk to my parents. The antibodies in my dads body are attacking the new kidney which is making the kidney reject. This is something that you don't want to happen and hope that it won't when you get a transplant. They have admitted my Dad back to the hospital at IMC, put in a port in his neck and will be taking all of the plasma out of his body and replacing it with artificial plasma to see if that will help. We are all really shocked because we thought things were going well. I have been sick with a cold so I haven't been able to be around my Dad and I couldn't go up to the hospital to see him today. It is literally killing me. I am so worried and scared and want to be there so bad. My mom and brother are there with him making sure that everything is getting taken care of. Hopefully tomorrow I will be able to go up there and see him. I have been praying with all my heart tonight that we will be able to stay strong and have the faith that we need to get through this. It has been such a emotional roller coaster for me. I never imagined being able to feel so many emotions at the same time. It is so overwhelming.

6 comments:

Milk Maid to Milk Cow said...

LOVE YOU MANDY, thanks for all the updates.

Josie said...

Oh no! Keep us posted. I will pray for him too. Love ya.

The Jeridans said...

I am so sorry to hear about this set back. Keep us posted and in the meantime you'll ne in our prayers. Love ya :)

DJWK said...

I will keep you and your family in our prayers!

mamashelli said...

Oh Man! I'm so sorry to hear about this - we continue to keep him and all of you in our prayers -we love you all so much! Keep posting so we know what's going on!

Kim Foust said...

So sorry to hear that he's had to go back! We will keep him in our prayers
as well as the rest of you. Please let your Mom know we are thinking about her too. Hope you feel well soon so you can go visit. Love you guys!