Friday, September 25, 2009
Home Sweet Home
My Dad was released from the hospital today. He is home and sleeping soundly as we speak and so happy to be in his own bed. He has to go back the next 3 days to do a IV treatment for fours each day. After he is done with that he will be going back to the hospital 3 times a week to do blood work and get lab tests done. He will be going back for several weeks until the kidney is up and running 100%. As I sit here thinking about this whole situation it just seems so surreal that it has even happened. We have waited almost 2 years for this to happen. Now we are 5 days past the transplant. Who would even imagined it would happen so fast. I am typing this thinking how grateful I am to the donor family. I have so much love and respect for them and I don't even know who they are. It has really opened my eyes up about being a donor and made me realize how important it is. I hope some day we will be able to meet the donor family so they can see how this has impacted my family. I will continue to keep you posted as the days go on. Thank you everyone for your support, we will never be able to thank you enough.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)

1 comment:
What a wonderful tribute. You are so great! You have an amazing Family and deserve miracles! Thanks for keeping us posted. I had a wonderful visit with your parents last night and enjoyed it so much! We will continue to pray that all goes well and your Dad heals fully and comfortably.
Post a Comment