Monday, December 13, 2010

Gingerbread Memories

One memory that always comes to my mind around Christmas time is my mom baking cute gingerbread men and wrapping them individually and hanging them around the house and each day we were able to eat a cookie until Christmas.  I have been wanting to try this for years with my kids and this year we finally did it!  I was so excited and they turned out pretty cute.  The kids had a really fun time cutting them out and decorating the cookies.  Every morning when they wake up the first thing they ask for is there gingerbread man.  I hope to make this one of our family traditions.






3 comments:

Milk Maid to Milk Cow said...

What a cute idea! Maybe I'll have to try something like that!

Megan Maree Walker Boehm said...

I totally remember your mom doing this when we were young, I just had a flash back, so cute!

Liz said...

What a fun idea! I asked Cody about it and he only vaguely remembers it. Funny, how we remember things differently. Your kids will enjoy that tradition!