Friday, December 31, 2010

Christmas Eve

This year we had a very relaxed Christmas Eve.  In the past I have always had to do last minute shopping, cleaning, running here and there to get things ready.  This year it was all done before.  It was the best feeling in the world.  We even had the wrapping all done.  We got ready for the party and before we left we opened up our new PJ's and set out Santa's snicker doodles because that is his favorite kind of cookie.=)  We even had to put out 8 eight carrots for the reindeer.  We had everything ready because the party is about 45 minutes away and I figured that the kids would be fast asleep on the way home.  The party was really fun.  We had some great food and the kids acted out the nativity.  It was great to be with family.    Boy was I wrong about the kids falling asleep on the way home.  They were wide awake by the time we got home so we decided to make a stop at Rodrigo's family party.  They usually don't start until 9 or 10.  They had pinatas and had chicken frying in the garage and tons of food.  At midnight they gave everyone a gift to open. 
I could not believe that I was outside at 1:00 taking pictures of the kids throwing the reindeer food on the lawn.  We tucked the kids in and they were sound asleep within 5 minutes. I am so glad that I had everything ready before we left.  What an awesome night!


2 comments:

Lisa said...

Mandi, YOu are so beautiful inside and out. So glad you had a wonderful Christmas Eve, it is so nice to have everything done. love ya

Liz said...

Sounds like a wonderful Christmas Eve. Maybe we should do reindeer food next year too!