Saturday, October 3, 2009
The 13th Day
My Dad was released from the Hospital yesterday the plasma treatment is working. He was able to go home last night but had to be back this morning for his Thymo treatment and another plasma exchange. While he was laying there he felt a trickle down his back. He took his hand and placed it on his back looked and it and it was covered with blood. He called the nurses down and they all rushed in and saw that he was bleeding from his neck where all the lines and ports are to do all his treatments. Since he he is on a blood thinner medication if he starts to bleed it is harder to get it stopped because the blood won't clot. He his in the process of getting a blood transfusion and some platelets put back in. They have readmitted him again because they can't get the bleeding to stop. My mom says its a blessing they did so they can care for him every minute. If something were to happen she would have to get him back down to IMC because the other hospitals wouldn't know what to do. I talked to my dad and he said the only thing he wants right now are some rice crispy treats. My mom really wants a Mu mu to wear. Barbara if you are reading this maybe you could lend her yours! I will be sure to post something as soon as something changes. If any of you have any suggestions on what I could put in a hospital care package let me know. Love you!
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)

2 comments:
Mandi Mandi Mandi! I'm so glad he was in the hospital when the bleeding started! How's your poor mom holding up? I'd be more than happy to buy her a brand new mumu, then we could start passing it around when your dad is all better! Don't know that I could ever find one quite as fine as Barbara's though :)! Love ya.
Hey Mandi... my dad just told me about your dad and gave me your blog. I hope everything gets back to normal for your family. Give your dad my love and let him know I'm thinking about him and your family. Take care!
Steph
Post a Comment