Thursday, September 20, 2012

Echo Lake

There is nothing like being spontaneous and deciding to go somewhere at the last minute.  I think not having a plan sometimes make it that much more adventurous.  We decided to pack up and go camping at Echo Lake.  It was about a 45  min drive which I liked.  We usually take the pop up trailer on our camping adventures but decided to try a tent this time. I really loved it.  When we arrived  the guy said well pick your spot wherever you would like.  It is totally open around the lake so we set camp up right on the beach.  It was so fun.  There was a beautiful sunset.  The kids and Rodrigo had a fun time playing in the water.    They did some body boarding, built some sandcastles and had fun floating on there floaties.  We made a small fire on the beach and roasted hot dogs and made the kids favorite camping treat S'mores.  It was a nice little weekend get a way.

Rodrigo and the kids testing out the water

Rodrigo showing us his skills

Roderick following his dad

Beautiful Sunset

The water was a little cold but that didn't stop them

Rodrigo relaxing on his wooden post

I can't tell you how many smores the kids made

Breakfast is the best part about camping

Eating in the tent.  The kids LOVED the tent.

The girls building sand castles

No comments: