We started the summer of this year with our first camping trip of the season. We went to Moab. We were all so excited to go. After what seemed to be such a long drive we got there and the wind was blowing so hard and sand was blowing in our faces we could barely set up our pop up. I thought to myself what have we got ourselves into. After a few hours and the trailer breaking during set up because of the wind we finally got everything set up and by this time it was about 11p.m. We got the kids to bed and thankfully they slept I sure didn't the wind was blowing so hard I thought for sure it was going to pick us right up and take us to a new destination. When the sun came up we thought for sure the wind was going to die down. It didn't we heard the wind gusts were about 60-80 mph. Every time we got out of the trailer we were blasted with sand so we stayed in the trailer most of the day. Around 2 we decided to go for a drive thinking the wind would stop. We found our way to trail that would take us to the dinosaur bones. As we were driving another truck was coming towards us so we moved over a little to let them pass and we got stuck. Rodrigo was trying to get out and our truck just kept sinking farther and farther into the sand. There was nobody around probably because the wind was still blowing so hard. All 5 of us were on our bellies trying to un dig the truck that was resting its axel on the sand. My kids were such troopers they just kept digging and digging. A few people had passed us but nobody had a rope to try and pull us out. 2 hours had passed and we said a prayer. Another 45 min passed and all of a sudden this lady comes walking around the corner and says are you guys o.k? I have no idea were she even came from. We told her what happened and she said I have no idea what I am doing here but I just felt like I needed to walk this way. She had a few guys back at camp about 20 min away she could have come help us. This was so random. So while we were waiting for them to come help us another car with 3 guys drove past and they got out to help. Soon we had about 7 people trying to get our truck out of this massive hole. They worked on it for about an hour and nothing. We decided we would probably have to call a towing company to come get us out. As soon as we were getting ready to call a little razor with it's driver came by and we hooked it to our truck and within 5 min we were out.
We never did go to the trail because we were exhausted from digging for about 4 hours straight. We headed back into town to pizza hut for dinner and yes the wind was still blowing this whole time. It was a challenge trying to get the truck out in the wind. I told Rodrigo we are going home I am done with this trip. As soon as dinner finished the clouds cleared and there was not a single breeze. The next day we did some hiking and hiked to delicate arch. The kids were amazing and there was no complaining the entire trip. While we were driving home I reflected on this experience. I feel like we were the incredibles in our red suites working together to accomplish something. I thought if we can get through this together we can get through anything. The other lesson we learned was having faith. My kids just kept saying prayer after prayer and even though it took a little while for something to happen I know it was because our faith was being tested. It was amazing for us to see miracles happen because we put our faith in heavenly father to help us. I am blogging about this so I will never forget what we went through as a family. I have such great examples in my life. I know Heavenly Father is always there for us and hears and answers our prayers.
We never did go to the trail because we were exhausted from digging for about 4 hours straight. We headed back into town to pizza hut for dinner and yes the wind was still blowing this whole time. It was a challenge trying to get the truck out in the wind. I told Rodrigo we are going home I am done with this trip. As soon as dinner finished the clouds cleared and there was not a single breeze. The next day we did some hiking and hiked to delicate arch. The kids were amazing and there was no complaining the entire trip. While we were driving home I reflected on this experience. I feel like we were the incredibles in our red suites working together to accomplish something. I thought if we can get through this together we can get through anything. The other lesson we learned was having faith. My kids just kept saying prayer after prayer and even though it took a little while for something to happen I know it was because our faith was being tested. It was amazing for us to see miracles happen because we put our faith in heavenly father to help us. I am blogging about this so I will never forget what we went through as a family. I have such great examples in my life. I know Heavenly Father is always there for us and hears and answers our prayers.
| We had a friendly competition of Uno every night. |
| The kids had fun riding there bikes |
| Lexi getting ready for to hike |
| We did it!! |
| Having fun at the KOA playground. The kids made a lot of friends. |
| Enjoying some ice cream |
| Making smores |
| Making smores |

No comments:
Post a Comment